Code of Conduct in Relation to Internet Use
This Code of Conduct in Relation to Internet Use applies to all users of the internet within the school.
The internet is provided for work-related administration, education, the improved delivery of curriculum material and professional development. Internet users are encouraged to make use of the service for these ends.
Access is only for work-related email through the school email address.
Use of the Internet
- Internet passwords are for individual users only and must not be shared or used by other people except by network administrators for connectivity and management issues.
- No foul language is to be used in any email messages.
- The internet must not be used for personal financial gain or illegal activity.
- Deliberate actions to gain access to sites that are illegal, or offensive (religious, racial, pornographic) will be considered a serious breach of the Code of Conduct.
- Anyone who accesses an inappropriate site by mistake should exit immediately and inform the IT Principal.
- Vandalism will be considered a serious breach of the Code of Conduct. This is defined as any malicious attempt to alter or destroy data or equipment or to interfere with any secure site. It includes, but is not limited to, uploading, downloading or creation of computer viruses and any activity generally known as ‘hacking’.
- Students must gain staff permission before printing from the internet.
- All copyright, privacy and international laws must be abided by at all times.
- All internet site traffic is logged by the server and the school has the right to monitor, access and review all use.
The safety of students is of paramount concern. The school has taken all possible precautions to ensure the safe and responsible use of the internet. This Code of Conduct is written and enforced in the interest of the effective educational use of the internet. The school will supervise internet usage and investigate all allegations of misuse but cannot be held responsible for any damages arising from the deliberate or accidental misuse by users.
Staff Agreement for Internet Use
I understand and agree to abide by this Code of Conduct in Relation to Internet Use. I understand that access is intended for work and educational purposes and that the school takes precautions to ensure safe and responsible use. I further understand that should I commit any breach of the Code, my internet access privileges will be removed for a set period of time and I may face further disciplinary action.
Name: ______________________ Signature: ______________________ Date: _______________
Parent Agreement for Student Internet Use
As the parent of _____________________________________ (child’s name), I have read this Code of Conduct in Relation to Internet Use and it has been explained to my child. I understand that access is intended for educational purposes and that the school takes precautions to ensure safe and responsible use. I further understand that should my child, named above, commit any breach of the Code, their internet access privileges will be removed for a set period of time and they may face further disciplinary action.
Name: ______________________ Signature: _______________________ Date: ______________