MBK School is named after his Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Khalid Al Nahyan.
About his Highness:
His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Khalid Al Nahyan, may God have mercy on him was born in Fort Palace in Abu Dhabi in 1942. He is the only son of Sheikh Khalid bin Sultan Al Nahyan, he grew up with his parents and he grasps everyone's attention and appreciation.
He had the distinct types of care, and it was with the knowledge and passion for science since childhood, and was the first religious learning stations for the sake of knowledge. He was a student of the famous senior sheikhs at that time. Fluently he memorized many soras of holy Quran.
His life with his father allowed him, the acquisition of life experiences and knowledge through participation in various social councils, as well as his participation in the governmental actors in that important stage of development of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi.
These experiences earned him more wisdom and administrative skill, and the ability to economic and regulatory issues management. So became the Prince of fundamental national pillars in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi, he was a representative of the governor in Jebel Dhanna in the early sixties, Vice Chairman of the Department of Finance in 1966, member of the Planning Council in 1968, Head of the Department of Ports and Customs in 1969, and Minister for Transport, which include the Department of Ports and Postal Service civil Aviation Department in 1971.
Then he became the head of the Department of organization and Management, finally he was the chairman of the national Service.
But he - God have mercy on him - chose to leave political office in the state, his belief that man can serve his country anywhere. He invested his money and efforts in support of the march of urban state.
He was able to achieve through economic and investment activities, in support of the government development plans and contribute to the show civilized upscale image to his homeland. Through urban projects, opening broad prospects for citizens in employment, and improve the public life in the community, which It had a significant impact in support of belonging and loyalty to the land of the United Arab Emirates. His support extended to the various branches of the national economy and contributed to the economic growth of the State, through the innovative projects.
After his death his achievements were continued under the auspices of Her Highness Sheikh Shamma bin Mohammed bin Khalid Al Nahyan and the support of the Highness Brothers.
About Her Highness:
Shikha Shamma Mohammed Ben Khaled Al Nahyan was born in Al Ain city Abu Dhabi.
- To be home in the heart always be home and that space-based partnership to love and be assigned to love life that gives us the prospect of a renewed bid that befits our homeland dear the United Arab
Her Highness Wish:
To have our Home land in our hearts and minds forever and to align it with love and peace. To make love is the motivation of the tender for the renaissance of our dear land.
- PHD in political sociology, on the subject of "political and social security in the United Arab Emirates (1971- 1998)
- Master of Women's Studies, on the subject of " satisfaction of women' job in the United Arab Emirates."
- BA in Islamic studies and history – University of Emirates.
- Award honoring Flag Day in Ajman 2009.
- Shield Sheikha Shamsa girl Suhail Award for Creative Women 2012.
- Arab Women Award inspiring women category in 2013.
- Sam (man Extraordinary) in 2013.
- Honoring His Highness Sheikh Abdullah Bin Zayed Al Nahyan in 2013.
Sciences and researches interests:
- National identity and culture.
- Reading and knowledge production.
- Women's Studies.
- Civil Society Studies.
- Globalization issues.
- Cultural, political and social issues of security.
- Literary criticism.
- The history of the Muslim community.
Administrative and executive tasks:
- Chairwoman of the Board of Management Center Sheikh Mohammed bin Khalid Al Nahyan religious.
The Centre started in 1997 its programs and activities which are about to instill religious and spiritual values in the society, so that these activities contribute to the development of religious consciousness and the emphasis on his role in the construction of a moderate religious figure, without intolerance.
- Chairwoman of the Board of Management Center Sheikh Mohammed bin Khalid Al Nahyan Cultural.
Launched the Cultural Center, and announced a cultural association in 1999. It seeks to achieve important message is to the advancement of knowledge and cultural awareness in the UAE community. Contribute effectively to building a culture of volunteering that contribute to the formation of the conscience of the citizen which is able to actively participate in building the present and shape the future. The center also seeks, through the programs and activities it provides to do real and effective role in the development of cultural awareness among women in the UAE society.
- Chairwoman of Mohammed bins Khalid Al Nahyan for Generations Association.
Association seeks to achieve a new kind of partnership for children. The most important of its activities:
• Working on scientific research in the field of childhood.
• Sessions, courses, workshop and lectures for parents about " the best ways to raise and deal with kids".
• Activities which help the child to coop with psychological and social circumstances.
• Activities seek to instill the values of love reading in children by Sheikh Mohammed bin Khalid Al Nahyan reading program (knowledge buds, the crown of knowledge, and knowledge of the emirates, and generations of knowledg
- Chairwoman of Mohammed bin Khalid Al Nahyan Generations School.
The school seeks to maintain and coop with both Arab and Islamic identity, and can at the same time to deal with all the knowledge and scientific developments in the era of globalization.
- Chairwoman of the Mohammed bins Khalid Al Nahyan of Thought and Knowledge Women's Association.
Council aims to spread culture and knowledge in the community via five basic activities:
1- Writer's seminar.
2- Cultural dialogue.
3- Islamic thought.
4- Educational and psychological issues.